Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-03-08 Origin: Site
Common faults of car horns
1. The seal is not tight and is easy to be affected by moisture: Although the interior of the horn is airtight, if the air is not tightly sealed when the car washes into the mist or there is water vapor in the air in the interior space, the water vapor can easily cause the contacts to get wet and not work properly.
2. Poor contact of electromagnetic coil terminals: Some horn internal electromagnetic coil enameled wire terminal joints are connected by aluminum metal rivet crimping connection, which is not firmly welded. Virtual connection failure, resulting in poor speaker operation. This kind of failure is due to the quality of the speaker, which cannot be repaired and can only be replaced with new parts.
3. Contact ablation: If the horn is pressed for a long time, it is easy to cause the contact of the horn to ablate and generate impedance, the current flowing through the electromagnetic coil is weakened, and the decrease in electromagnetic suction cannot attract the armature to drive the diaphragm to vibrate normally, resulting in hoarse or even no sound. . However, when the horn is continuously honked, if the instantaneous strong current passes through the impedance, it can still work normally, so it will be good and bad.
There are several situations in which the car horn does not sound. One is that it sometimes does not sound, the other is that the sound is awkward, and the other is that the car horn does not sound at all.
1. Sometimes it doesn't ring. Press the horn switch, if the horn sometimes rings and sometimes does not ring, it is mostly because the contacts inside the horn switch are not in good contact, and some are also the problem of the horn itself.
2. The voice is hoarse. Mostly due to poor contact of the plug, especially the various contacts around the steering wheel, due to frequent use, the contacts are prone to wear.
3. No sound at all. First check the fuse to see if it is blown, then unplug the horn, and use a multimeter to measure whether there is electricity when the horn switch is pressed. If there is no electricity, check the horn wiring harness and horn relay; if there is electricity, it is the problem of the horn itself. At this time, you can also try to adjust the adjusting nut on the horn to see if it can make a sound. If it still does not sound, you need to replace the horn.
Auto repair experts say that in the failure of car horns, the problem is often the fault of the horn itself. When the horn does not sound, there are no more than three common fault parts, namely the horn itself, the horn switch contact and the horn wiring harness. When the car horn fails, it can be solved according to the above classification. It can't be solved, I suggest you go to the auto repair shop to have a look.
Welcome OEM or ODM
Davecl Industrial CO., LIMITED
+86 19867722735 (wechat)
+86 18665912888 (whatApp/Wechat)
Room 504, President Commercial Centre, 608 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, HK
No.9, Street 4, Xiangmang Xilu South,Qingxi Town, Dongguan, GD, China